Amazon.com website goes down for U.S., Canadian users
NEW YORK Aug 19 (Reuters) - Amazon.com, the website of the world's largest online retailer, went down on Monday for many users across the United States and Canada.
It was unclear what triggered the rare disruption, and Amazon did not respond to requests for comment.
Users from New York and Toronto to San Francisco got only error messages when trying to access the popular shopping website. The news came less than a week after the website of the New York Times went down for about two hours.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack |
- Doctor with Ebola in NY hospital, nurse declared virus-free
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Putin accuses United States of damaging world order