Amazon.com website goes down for U.S., Canadian users
NEW YORK Aug 19 (Reuters) - Amazon.com, the website of the world's largest online retailer, went down on Monday for many users across the United States and Canada.
It was unclear what triggered the rare disruption, and Amazon did not respond to requests for comment.
Users from New York and Toronto to San Francisco got only error messages when trying to access the popular shopping website. The news came less than a week after the website of the New York Times went down for about two hours.
- Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard: report |
- UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media