Amazon.com website goes down for U.S., Canadian users
NEW YORK Aug 19 (Reuters) - Amazon.com, the website of the world's largest online retailer, went down on Monday for many users across the United States and Canada.
It was unclear what triggered the rare disruption, and Amazon did not respond to requests for comment.
Users from New York and Toronto to San Francisco got only error messages when trying to access the popular shopping website. The news came less than a week after the website of the New York Times went down for about two hours.
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |
- Hong Kong protesters stockpile supplies, prepare for long haul |
- China OKs iPhone 6 sale after Apple addresses security concerns
- Stocks head for worst quarter since euro crisis, dollar reigns
- U.S.-led air strikes pose problem for Assad's moderate foes