Amazon.com website goes down for U.S., Canadian users
NEW YORK Aug 19 (Reuters) - Amazon.com, the website of the world's largest online retailer, went down on Monday for many users across the United States and Canada.
It was unclear what triggered the rare disruption, and Amazon did not respond to requests for comment.
Users from New York and Toronto to San Francisco got only error messages when trying to access the popular shopping website. The news came less than a week after the website of the New York Times went down for about two hours.
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- Scots vote in independence referendum to seal the United Kingdom's fate |
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot
- Dollar hits six-year peak versus yen, ECB aims cash hose
- Apple to unveil new iPads, operating system on Oct. 21: report