Ares, Canada's Teachers' to buy CPG International
Aug 19 (Reuters) - Ares Management LLC and Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan will buy building products maker CPG International Inc to take advantage of a recovering U.S. housing market.
Ares and Ontario Teachers' will own equal shares of the company, with CPG management retaining a minority stake in the company.
Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Reuters reported in July that Ares was one of a string of private equity owners bidding for CPG in a deal worth as much as $1.5 billion.
CPG, owned by private equity firm AEA Investors LP, makes building supplies for residential and commercial markets such as outdoor decking, porch boards, plastic restroom partitions and lockers.
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Cold, ice grip U.S. as more snow to blanket East
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'