Rusal may delay Siberian smelter launch to 2014
MOSCOW Aug 19 (Reuters) - Russia's United Company Rusal , the world's largest aluminium producer, may postpone the launch of production at its Boguchansk smelter in Siberia to next year, a senior executive said on Monday.
"Very probable that we would not start it this year and postpone it till the next year," first deputy chief executive Vladislav Soloviev told a conference call with analysts after Rusal posted a second-quarter net loss.
Rusal has yet to make final decision, he added.
The 588,000-tonne per year Boguchansk smelter had been expected to pour first metal later this year.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions