Rusal may delay Siberian smelter launch to 2014
MOSCOW Aug 19 (Reuters) - Russia's United Company Rusal , the world's largest aluminium producer, may postpone the launch of production at its Boguchansk smelter in Siberia to next year, a senior executive said on Monday.
"Very probable that we would not start it this year and postpone it till the next year," first deputy chief executive Vladislav Soloviev told a conference call with analysts after Rusal posted a second-quarter net loss.
Rusal has yet to make final decision, he added.
The 588,000-tonne per year Boguchansk smelter had been expected to pour first metal later this year.
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- U.S. aircraft hit by gunfire in South Sudan as conflict worsens
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Four men arrested in deadly N.J. shopping mall carjacking
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets