Rusal may delay Siberian smelter launch to 2014
MOSCOW Aug 19 (Reuters) - Russia's United Company Rusal , the world's largest aluminium producer, may postpone the launch of production at its Boguchansk smelter in Siberia to next year, a senior executive said on Monday.
"Very probable that we would not start it this year and postpone it till the next year," first deputy chief executive Vladislav Soloviev told a conference call with analysts after Rusal posted a second-quarter net loss.
Rusal has yet to make final decision, he added.
The 588,000-tonne per year Boguchansk smelter had been expected to pour first metal later this year.
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt |
- Global shares jump, yen slumps as BOJ cranks up stimulus |
- Special Report: Tsunami evacuees caught in $30 billion Japan money trap
- Japan's central bank shocks markets with more easing as inflation slows