Rusal may delay Siberian smelter launch to 2014
MOSCOW Aug 19 (Reuters) - Russia's United Company Rusal , the world's largest aluminium producer, may postpone the launch of production at its Boguchansk smelter in Siberia to next year, a senior executive said on Monday.
"Very probable that we would not start it this year and postpone it till the next year," first deputy chief executive Vladislav Soloviev told a conference call with analysts after Rusal posted a second-quarter net loss.
Rusal has yet to make final decision, he added.
The 588,000-tonne per year Boguchansk smelter had been expected to pour first metal later this year.
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- UPDATE 2-China bars banks from bitcoin transactions
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'
- China central bank warns banks against use of bitcoin