Soccer-Italy's AS Roma buys Gervinho for 8 mln euros
MILAN Aug 19 (Reuters) - AS Roma have bought Ivory Coast striker Gervinho from Arsenal for 8 million euros ($10.68 million), the Italian Serie A team said on Monday.
AS Roma said in a statement the contract signed with the English Premier League team also included a variable payment of up to 1.75 million euros linked to Gervinho's perfomance.
The player's contract with AS Roma will run until June 30, 2017, it said. ($1 = 0.7490 euros) (Reporting by Valentina Za; Editing by David Cowell)
- U.S. air strikes on Syria would face formidable obstacles
- Samsung unveils smartwatch that can make calls
- FBI, Secret Service investigate reports of cyber attacks on U.S. banks
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Russian-backed separatists enter southeast Ukraine town