Soccer-Italy's AS Roma buys Gervinho for 8 mln euros
MILAN Aug 19 (Reuters) - AS Roma have bought Ivory Coast striker Gervinho from Arsenal for 8 million euros ($10.68 million), the Italian Serie A team said on Monday.
AS Roma said in a statement the contract signed with the English Premier League team also included a variable payment of up to 1.75 million euros linked to Gervinho's perfomance.
The player's contract with AS Roma will run until June 30, 2017, it said. ($1 = 0.7490 euros) (Reporting by Valentina Za; Editing by David Cowell)
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols
- U.S. Congress examining deal between NSA official, ex-agency chief
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dead at 82 |