Soccer-Italy's AS Roma buys Gervinho for 8 mln euros
MILAN Aug 19 (Reuters) - AS Roma have bought Ivory Coast striker Gervinho from Arsenal for 8 million euros ($10.68 million), the Italian Serie A team said on Monday.
AS Roma said in a statement the contract signed with the English Premier League team also included a variable payment of up to 1.75 million euros linked to Gervinho's perfomance.
The player's contract with AS Roma will run until June 30, 2017, it said. ($1 = 0.7490 euros) (Reporting by Valentina Za; Editing by David Cowell)
- IPhone emerges from 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- On eve of secession vote, UK's fate hangs on a divided Scotland |
- Fed renews zero rate pledge, but hints at steeper rate hike path
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Islamic State campaign tests Obama's commitment to Mideast allies