Atlas Copco to acquire Edwards Group for up to $1.6 bln
STOCKHOLM Aug 19 (Reuters) - Swedish engineering group Atlas Copco said on Monday it would acquire British industrial technology firm Edwards Group for up to $1.6 billion.
Atlas Copco said the acquisition was an all-cash transaction utilising its own funds and that the transaction would close in the first quarter.
"Edwards is a technology leader with a well-developed structure and solid customer relationships in industries we know well," Atlas Copco CEO Ronnie Leten said in a statement. "It is a great fit for Atlas Copco."
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane-sources |
- CEOs of biggest Russian firms could be hit by sanctions: paper |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia blocks internet sites of Putin critics