Atlas Copco to acquire Edwards Group for up to $1.6 bln
STOCKHOLM Aug 19 (Reuters) - Swedish engineering group Atlas Copco said on Monday it would acquire British industrial technology firm Edwards Group for up to $1.6 billion.
Atlas Copco said the acquisition was an all-cash transaction utilising its own funds and that the transaction would close in the first quarter.
"Edwards is a technology leader with a well-developed structure and solid customer relationships in industries we know well," Atlas Copco CEO Ronnie Leten said in a statement. "It is a great fit for Atlas Copco."
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- Gaza war rages on, Hamas says Israel tried to kill its military chief |
- Four beheaded corpses found in Egypt's Sinai: security sources
- Father of Texas 'affluenza' teen arrested for impersonating police officer
- U.S. attorney general visits racially charged St. Louis suburb