Brazil's CSN interested in acquiring Batista's MMX - source
RIO DE JANEIRO
RIO DE JANEIRO Aug 20 (Reuters) - Brazil's Cia Siderúrgica Nacional SA is interested in acquiring tycoon Eike Batista's iron ore miner MMX Mineracao e Metalicos SA, according to a source with direct knowledge of the negotiations.
Representatives for CSN and MMX declined to comment.
The source, who spoke on condition of anonymity, told Reuters other companies are also interested in acquiring MMX as Batista's EBX group breaks apart.
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides |
- Mandela signer hits back: I'm sign language champion |
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA