Brazil's CSN interested in acquiring Batista's MMX - source
RIO DE JANEIRO
RIO DE JANEIRO Aug 20 (Reuters) - Brazil's Cia Siderúrgica Nacional SA is interested in acquiring tycoon Eike Batista's iron ore miner MMX Mineracao e Metalicos SA, according to a source with direct knowledge of the negotiations.
Representatives for CSN and MMX declined to comment.
The source, who spoke on condition of anonymity, told Reuters other companies are also interested in acquiring MMX as Batista's EBX group breaks apart.
- Tearful Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- North Korea's "reign of terror" worries South's leader
- Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting: researcher
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media