STOCKS NEWS EUROPE-UBS adds Intesa Sanpaolo, ABB to Top 40 List
UBS adds Intesa Sanpaolo, Italy's biggest retail bank, and Swiss engineer ABB to its "Global Top 40 Stock List" saying the companies have substantial exposure to a European recovery into 2014.
"We continue to expect equities to perform well in the current economic & policy environment. We are 'overweight' the US & UK, as we expect strong economic momentum to continue in those regions," UBS writes in a note.
It removes Volvo, the world's second-biggest truck maker, and some other global companies to bring the list in line with its global sector and regional outlook.
UBS prefers financials, technology and healthcare sectors, but is cautious on the consumer sectors and telecom companies.
Intesa, ABB and Volvo shares are down 0.9 to 1.5 percent, in line with a broader market sell-off on concerns of a sooner than expected cut in U.S. stimulus.
Reuters messaging rm://firstname.lastname@example.org
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- India removes barriers to U.S. embassy as anger grows over diplomat's arrest
- Winning ticket sold in California for Mega Millions lottery: official
- UPDATE 5-Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia -Officials
- U.N. told up to 500 killed in South Sudan clashes: diplomats