Euro rises to 2-month high versus dollar
LONDON Aug 20 (Reuters) - The euro rose to a two-month high against the dollar on Tuesday in lower volumes, with traders citing position squaring for the move higher in the single currency.
The euro hit a peak of $1.34065, its highest since June 19 and up 0.5 percent on the day.
A narrowing of spreads between 10-year U.S. yields and German bunds also helped the single currency.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls