US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Wall St bounces to end four-day skid
NEW YORK Aug 20 (Reuters) - The S&P 500 bounced on Tuesday to end a four-day losing skid, as earnings from Best Buy and TJX Cos helped buoy retailers and consumer discretionary stocks.
The Dow Jones industrial average fell 6.53 points or 0.04 percent, to 15,004.21, the S&P 500 gained 6.46 points or 0.39 percent, to 1,652.52 and the Nasdaq Composite added 24.504 points or 0.68 percent, to 3,613.59.
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides |
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea