Medtronic profit up on international sales
Aug 20 (Reuters) - Medical device maker Medtronic Inc said its profit rose in the first quarter, boosted by strong international sales.
Net earnings were $953 million, or 93 cents per share, in the quarter that ended July 26, compared with $864 million, or 83 cents per share a year earlier.
Excluding special items, Medtronic earned 88 cents a share, in line with the average analyst estimate according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Revenue in the quarter rose 2 percent to $4.08 billion.
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |
- U.S. regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule