Medtronic profit up on international sales
Aug 20 (Reuters) - Medical device maker Medtronic Inc said its profit rose in the first quarter, boosted by strong international sales.
Net earnings were $953 million, or 93 cents per share, in the quarter that ended July 26, compared with $864 million, or 83 cents per share a year earlier.
Excluding special items, Medtronic earned 88 cents a share, in line with the average analyst estimate according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Revenue in the quarter rose 2 percent to $4.08 billion.
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials