Brazil's MMX is gauging business opportunities to 'boost value'
SAO PAULO Aug 20 (Reuters) - MMX Mineração e Metálicos SA , the mining company controlled by embattled Brazilian tycoon Eike Batista, is currently eyeing different business that helps the iron ore producer "enhance value for shareholders."
In a securities filing unveiled late on Tuesday, MMX fell short of saying whether those opportunities could involve the sale of a relevant stake in the company to a third party. Reuters reported that several companies including Brazil's Cia Siderúrgica Nacional SA could be interested in taking control of the company.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt
- Iran angry over U.S. sanctions, nuclear talks interrupted