South Africa's Shoprite says to add 171 new stores by June 2014
JOHANNESBURG Aug 20 (Reuters) - Shoprite Holdings, Africa's largest retailer, said on Tuesday it plans to open 171 new stores by June 2014, including 47 outside its home market.
Shoprite, which currently operates 153 supermarkets in 16 countries outside of South Africa, made the statement in a document handed out at its full-year earnings news conference. (Reporting by Tiisetso Motsoeneng; writing by David Dolan; editing by Ed Stoddard)
- Still no sign of Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- The search for missing Malaysian jet
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source