Kinder Morgan says fire extinguished at Louisiana terminal
Aug 20 (Reuters) - Kinder Morgan Energy Partners LP said on Tuesday it extinguished a fire at its Harvey, Louisiana, facility.
Local media had reported an explosion at the terminal, along the Mississippi River, but a company spokeswoman said there was no explosion. "That's not accurate. There has been a fire that has been extinguished," said Emily Mir, a Kinder Morgan spokeswoman.
The facility is a loading and unloading terminal that stores chemicals, vegetable oils, alcohols and animal fats, according to the company website.
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections