Carlsberg sees challenging Western European markets in 2014 - CEO
COPENHAGEN Aug 21 (Reuters) - Danish brewer Carlsberg expects mature Western European markets to remain challenging next year, chief executive told Reuters on Wednesday.
"I do not think we will see a significant change in the second half of this year, and not next year either," chief executive Jorgen Buhl Rasmussen said after the company reported a second quarter result nearly in line with analysts' expectations.
"Even though there are some signs that the economy is improving, it will take some time before it will influence the consumer pattern," Rasmussen said. (Reporting by Teis Jensen)
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Couple, four children missing in Nevada found safe in canyon
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule |