Elizabeth Arden CFO Stephen Smith to join Hain
Aug 21 (Reuters) - Perfume maker Elizabeth Arden Inc's Chief Financial Officer, Stephen Smith, will join food maker Hain Celestial Group Inc.
In a statement released by Arden, Smith called the Hain job an "unexpected opportunity".
Hain, which reported better-than-expected quarterly results, said Smith's appointment is effective Sept. 3.
Elizabeth Arden said Smith, who was its CFO since 2001, will stay through Sept. 1 and it has started searching for his successor.
Hain announced the retirement of CFO Ira Lamel last September.
Smith leaves Arden after the company posted weaker-than-expected results and forecasts this month as orders from Wal-Mart Stores Inc fell.
Hain's shares were up 5 percent at $76.69 in extended trading. Elizabeth Arden's shares closed at $34.83 on the Nasdaq on Wednesday. (Reporting by Aditi Shrivastava and Jessica Wohl; Editing by Don Sebastian)
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon |
- Ukraine accuses Russia of invasion after aid convoy crosses border
- Oklahoma City policeman arrested for raping women while on patrol
- Exclusive: Apple iPhone 6 screen snag leaves supply chain scrambling