Elizabeth Arden CFO Stephen Smith to join Hain
Aug 21 (Reuters) - Perfume maker Elizabeth Arden Inc's Chief Financial Officer, Stephen Smith, will join food maker Hain Celestial Group Inc.
In a statement released by Arden, Smith called the Hain job an "unexpected opportunity".
Hain, which reported better-than-expected quarterly results, said Smith's appointment is effective Sept. 3.
Elizabeth Arden said Smith, who was its CFO since 2001, will stay through Sept. 1 and it has started searching for his successor.
Hain announced the retirement of CFO Ira Lamel last September.
Smith leaves Arden after the company posted weaker-than-expected results and forecasts this month as orders from Wal-Mart Stores Inc fell.
Hain's shares were up 5 percent at $76.69 in extended trading. Elizabeth Arden's shares closed at $34.83 on the Nasdaq on Wednesday. (Reporting by Aditi Shrivastava and Jessica Wohl; Editing by Don Sebastian)
- Scots vote on independence, United Kingdom's fate on knife-edge |
- Islamic State shows captive British journalist in new video
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- New evacuations ordered as California wildfire doubles in size |
- Chinese hacked U.S. military contractors: Senate panel