Market Chatter-Corporate finance press digest
Aug 21 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media on Wednesday:
* NYSE Euronext has tapped JPMorgan Chase & Co and Societe Generale to help arrange a potential $1 billion IPO for its European equity operations, Bloomberg news agency reported.
* New China Trust, which was leading a consortium of Chinese investors in a $4.2 billion bid for American International Group Inc's (AIG) aircraft-leasing unit, pulled out of the deal in May, Bloomberg reported on Wednesday.
* Cia Siderúrgica Nacional SA, Brazil's largest diversified steelmaking group, is interested in acquiring control of mining firm MMX Mineração e Metálicos SA from embattled tycoon Eike Batista, a source with direct knowledge of the situation said on Tuesday.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- U.S. diplomats, but not prosecutors, seek to quell India dispute |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans