Market Chatter-Corporate finance press digest
Aug 21 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media on Wednesday:
* NYSE Euronext has tapped JPMorgan Chase & Co and Societe Generale to help arrange a potential $1 billion IPO for its European equity operations, Bloomberg news agency reported.
* New China Trust, which was leading a consortium of Chinese investors in a $4.2 billion bid for American International Group Inc's (AIG) aircraft-leasing unit, pulled out of the deal in May, Bloomberg reported on Wednesday.
* Cia Siderúrgica Nacional SA, Brazil's largest diversified steelmaking group, is interested in acquiring control of mining firm MMX Mineração e Metálicos SA from embattled tycoon Eike Batista, a source with direct knowledge of the situation said on Tuesday.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Canada PM vows crackdown after capital shocked by fatal attacks |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria: monitor