US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall Street ends lower after Fed minutes
NEW YORK Aug 21 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks ended lower in choppy trading on Wednesday after minutes from the U.S. Federal Reserve's July policy-setting meeting offered few clues on a time frame for a reduction in its bond-buying program.
The Dow Jones industrial average was down 105.60 points, or 0.70 percent, at 14,897.39. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was down 9.51 points, or 0.58 percent, at 1,642.84. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 13.80 points, or 0.38 percent, at 3,599.79.
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt
- Japan shares soar, yen skids after BOJ stuns with more easing steps
- Oil price declines have small-cap shale investors scrambling
- China says nets 180 graft suspects in overseas manhunt