Staples profit falls on international weakness
Aug 21 (Reuters) - Staples Inc, the largest U.S. office supply retailer, reported a drop in quarterly profit on Wednesday, hurt by weak sales in international markets such as Europe and Australia.
Net earnings fell to $102.5 million, or 16 cents a share in the second quarter ended on Aug. 3 from $120.4 million, or 18 cents a share, a year earlier.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data