Pro-Mursi alliance calls for Friday protests against army
CAIRO (Reuters) - Supporters of deposed Islamist President Mohamed Mursi called on Egyptians on Wednesday to hold "Friday of Martyrs" protests against the military takeover that ousted him seven weeks ago.
A grouping calling itself The National Coalition to Support Legitimacy, which has been demanding Mursi's reinstatement, said in a statement: "We will remain steadfast on the road to defeating the military coup."
(Reporting by Asma Alsharif; Writing by Michael Georgy)
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- India trims perks for U.S. staff in row over New York envoy arrest
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- UPDATE 5-Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia -Officials
- Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia |