China says 'shocked' by continuing Japan radiation leaks
BEIJING (Reuters) - China was "shocked" that Japan's Fukushima nuclear plant was still leaking radioactive water two years after it was destroyed by an earthquake and tsunami, the Chinese Foreign Ministry said on Wednesday.
China "hopes that the Japanese side can earnestly take effective steps to put an end to the negative impact of the after-effects of the Fukushima nuclear accident", the Foreign Ministry said in a statement faxed to Reuters.
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols
- Apple's iPhone sales beat Street but iPad volumes slide
- China's growth slowest since global crisis, annual target at risk
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early