China says 'shocked' by continuing Japan radiation leaks
BEIJING (Reuters) - China was "shocked" that Japan's Fukushima nuclear plant was still leaking radioactive water two years after it was destroyed by an earthquake and tsunami, the Chinese Foreign Ministry said on Wednesday.
China "hopes that the Japanese side can earnestly take effective steps to put an end to the negative impact of the after-effects of the Fukushima nuclear accident", the Foreign Ministry said in a statement faxed to Reuters.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- California governor rejects bills to help men change diapers