China says 'shocked' by continuing Japan radiation leaks
BEIJING (Reuters) - China was "shocked" that Japan's Fukushima nuclear plant was still leaking radioactive water two years after it was destroyed by an earthquake and tsunami, the Chinese Foreign Ministry said on Wednesday.
China "hopes that the Japanese side can earnestly take effective steps to put an end to the negative impact of the after-effects of the Fukushima nuclear accident", the Foreign Ministry said in a statement faxed to Reuters.
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Hagel, under pressure, resigns as U.S. defense secretary |
- Missouri grand jury makes decision in fatal shooting of black teen |
- Iran nuclear talks extended seven months after failing to meet deadline |
- Actor Dwight Henry eyed in New Orleans killing after arrest for theft