Brazilian miner Vale says not in talks to buy Batista's MMX
BRASILIA Aug 21 (Reuters) - Brazil's Vale SA, the world's second-largest miner, is not in talks to buy rival MMX SA, the mining arm of tycoon Eike Batista's troubled EBX conglomerate, Vale's Chief Executive Murilo Ferreira said on Wednesday.
The executive added that MRS Logistica, a local railroad operator that Vale has a minority stake in, analyzed possible participation in MMX's Porto do Sudeste port project but said neither MRS nor Vale plan to bid for the whole company.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target probe eyes overseas hackers; stolen cards for sale online
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter