CORRECTED-Barclays appoints Deck as Australia/NZ country head - memo
(Corrects spelling of Whelan)
SYDNEY Aug 22 (Reuters) - British bank Barclays PLC has appointed Jeff Deck as country head for Australia and New Zealand, replacing Cynthia Whelan who left in May, according to an internal memo seen by Reuters.
Deck, Barclay's Asia vice chairman, had taken on the role in a interim capacity since Whelan's departure and had relocated from Singapore.
(Reporting by Lincoln Feast; Editing by Matt Driskill)
- U.S.' Kerry voices 'regret' to India over diplomat case |
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- Medical bills underlie 60 percent of U.S. bankrupts: study