CORRECTED-Barclays appoints Deck as Australia/NZ country head - memo
(Corrects spelling of Whelan)
SYDNEY Aug 22 (Reuters) - British bank Barclays PLC has appointed Jeff Deck as country head for Australia and New Zealand, replacing Cynthia Whelan who left in May, according to an internal memo seen by Reuters.
Deck, Barclay's Asia vice chairman, had taken on the role in a interim capacity since Whelan's departure and had relocated from Singapore.
(Reporting by Lincoln Feast; Editing by Matt Driskill)
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- U.S. aircraft hit by gunfire in South Sudan as conflict worsens
- Four men arrested in deadly N.J. shopping mall carjacking
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets