S&P raises Calumet City, Ill. GO rating to 'A-'
Aug 22 (Reuters) - Standard & Poor's Ratings Services on Thursday raised its underlying rating of Calumet City, Illinois, general obligation debt to A-minus from BBB-plus.
The outlook is stable.
S&P cited additional audited information on the city's financial position, and the city's "significant improvement in its available general fund balance, as reflected in the fiscal 2012 draft financial statements."
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea