Gold Fields to buy Barrick Gold's Australian assets for $300 mln
JOHANNESBURG Aug 22 (Reuters) - South African gold producer Gold Fields said on Thursday it plans to buy Barrick Gold's Australian assets for $300 million.
The acquisition will add 452,000 ounces to Gold Fields' annual production. Gold Fields expects to produce between 1.83 and 1.9 million ounces this year.
- Thousands of Gaza civilians flee after Israeli warning |
- Russia threatens Ukraine after shell crosses border
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- Heavy fighting breaks out near Libya's Tripoli airport, seven dead