Gold Fields to buy Barrick Gold's Australian assets for $300 mln
JOHANNESBURG Aug 22 (Reuters) - South African gold producer Gold Fields said on Thursday it plans to buy Barrick Gold's Australian assets for $300 million.
The acquisition will add 452,000 ounces to Gold Fields' annual production. Gold Fields expects to produce between 1.83 and 1.9 million ounces this year.
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- UPDATE 1-China central bank warns banks against use of bitcoin
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- China central bank warns banks against use of bitcoin
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'