Penney takes step to ward off any coercive takeover methods
Aug 22 (Reuters) - J.C. Penney Co Inc on Thursday said it adopted a one-year stockholder rights plan to protect against a potential future use of coercive methods to take the company over.
The department store chain, which is struggling to reverse a massive sales slide in the last 18 months, said the plan was not adopted in response to any particular effort to take control of Penney.
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Couple, four children missing in Nevada found safe in canyon
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule |