Penney takes step to ward off any coercive takeover methods
Aug 22 (Reuters) - J.C. Penney Co Inc on Thursday said it adopted a one-year stockholder rights plan to protect against a potential future use of coercive methods to take the company over.
The department store chain, which is struggling to reverse a massive sales slide in the last 18 months, said the plan was not adopted in response to any particular effort to take control of Penney.
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- Winning ticket sold in California for Mega Millions lottery: official
- UPDATE 5-Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia -Officials
- India removes barriers to U.S. embassy as anger grows over diplomat's arrest
- U.N. told up to 500 killed in South Sudan clashes: diplomats