Indian rupee hits new low of 65.5/dollar
MUMBAI Aug 22 (Reuters) - The Indian rupee extended falls to a new low of 65.50 to the dollar as heavy demand from importers along with weak domestic equities continued to weigh on sentiment.
The partially convertible rupee was trading at 65.36/42 per dollar at 11:22 a.m. (0552 GMT), 2.1 percent below its close of 64.11/12 on Wednesday. (Reporting by Swati Bhat; Editing by Subhranshu Sahu)
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Billy Joel, Shirley MacLaine feted at Kennedy Center Honors
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |