US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall Street edges higher at the open
NEW YORK Aug 22 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened slightly higher on Thursday after upbeat data from the world's top economies more than offset lingering uncertainty over the Federal Reserve's asset-buying stimulus.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 1.92 points, or 0.01 percent, at 14,899.47. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 3.64 points, or 0.22 percent, at 1,646.44. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 14.91 points, or 0.41 percent, at 3,614.70.
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Shots fired in air during raid at Crimea naval base |
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details |