CORRECTED-Pandora reports second quarter adjusted revenue is up 58 percent
(Corrects day to Thursday in second paragraph)
SAN FRANCISCO Aug 22 (Reuters) - Pandora Media Inc, the Internet radio service, reported that quarterly revenue on an adjusted basis rose 58 percent to $162 million as it continued to pick up listeners.
The company's shares, which fluctuated wildly for the first year after Pandora's June 2011 initial public offering, have surged to new highs in 2013. It closed on Thursday at $21.71.
Despite the recovery, Chief Executive Joe Kennedy has been wrestling with narrow margins and rising competition from rivals such as Spotify. (Reporting by Gerry Shih; Editing by Andre Grenon and Phil Berlowitz)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner