Moody's cuts Michigan's Reed City School District rating to Baa1
Aug 22 (Reuters) - Moody's Investors Service on Thursday cut its general obligation unlimited tax bond rating to Baa1 from A2 on Michigan's Reed City School District with a negative outlook, affecting about $13.4 million of debt.
The downgrade reflects the district's weak financial position and trend of operation imbalance.
It is expected the district's financial reserves will remain limited and could fall further, along with further operating deficits that could lead to another downgrade, the rating agency said in a statement.
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- New York City gas explosion subject of federal probe |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |