Rostelecom reports fall in Q2 earnings, but beats forecast
MOSCOW Aug 22 (Reuters) - Russian telecoms operator Rostelecom reported a fall in second-quarter profit amid increased competition for mobile services, but beat analysts' expectations.
Net profit at Russia's fifth-largest mobile operator was 7.3 billion roubles ($221 million), which it said was a 3 percent fall from the previous year. It beat analysts' forecast of 6.3 billion roubles ($191 million).
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote