Sears quarterly net loss widens on tepid sales
Aug 22 (Reuters) - Sears Holdings Corp, which operates its eponymous department stores and the Kmart discount chain, reported a wider quarterly net loss on Thursday as sales fell at both chains.
The net loss widened to $194 million, or $1.83 a share, from $132 million, or $1.25 a share, a year earlier. Excluding gains on the sale of certain assets and other items, the loss was $1.46 a share, the company said.
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Couple, four children missing in Nevada found safe in canyon
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule |