Sears quarterly net loss widens on tepid sales
Aug 22 (Reuters) - Sears Holdings Corp, which operates its eponymous department stores and the Kmart discount chain, reported a wider quarterly net loss on Thursday as sales fell at both chains.
The net loss widened to $194 million, or $1.83 a share, from $132 million, or $1.25 a share, a year earlier. Excluding gains on the sale of certain assets and other items, the loss was $1.46 a share, the company said.
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Thai military heads agree to meet protest leader at weekend |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994