U.S. SEC says monitoring problems with Nasdaq trading
Aug 22 (Reuters) - The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission said Thursday it was closely monitoring the situation after problems distributing stock price quotes forced exchange operator Nasdaq OMX Group Inc to halt trading in all of its listed shares.
"We are monitoring the situation and are in close contact with the exchanges," said SEC spokesman John Nester.
All traffic through Nasdaq stopped at 12:14 p.m. EDT (1614 GMT). Options trading was also halted.
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- Obama girls get dating advice from their watchful dad
- Seattle students protest gay Catholic school teacher's resignation
- Accused Colorado theater gunman competent to stand trial, evaluators say
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets