U.S. SEC says monitoring problems with Nasdaq trading
Aug 22 (Reuters) - The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission said Thursday it was closely monitoring the situation after problems distributing stock price quotes forced exchange operator Nasdaq OMX Group Inc to halt trading in all of its listed shares.
"We are monitoring the situation and are in close contact with the exchanges," said SEC spokesman John Nester.
All traffic through Nasdaq stopped at 12:14 p.m. EDT (1614 GMT). Options trading was also halted.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls