Thailand approves Japan MUFG's buy of Bank of Ayudhya-Finmin
BANGKOK Aug 22 (Reuters) - Thailand has approved a bid by Japan's Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG) to buy a 75 percent stake in Thailand's Bank of Ayudhya Pcl, Finance Minister Kittirat Na Ranong said on Thursday.
Bank of Ayudhya is Thailand's fifth-largest lender.
(Reporting by Pracha Hariraksapitak; Writing by Viparat Jantraprap; Editing by Miral Fahmy)
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'