Thailand approves Japan MUFG's buy of Bank of Ayudhya-Finmin
BANGKOK Aug 22 (Reuters) - Thailand has approved a bid by Japan's Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG) to buy a 75 percent stake in Thailand's Bank of Ayudhya Pcl, Finance Minister Kittirat Na Ranong said on Thursday.
Bank of Ayudhya is Thailand's fifth-largest lender.
(Reporting by Pracha Hariraksapitak; Writing by Viparat Jantraprap; Editing by Miral Fahmy)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |