Egypt's Mubarak flown from prison to hospital: sources
CAIRO (Reuters) - Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak was flown from prison to a nearby hospital on Thursday, officials said, after judicial authorities ordered his release from jail.
A medical helicopter was seen departing from Tora prison on the southern outskirts of Cairo. It landed minutes later at a military hospital in the nearby suburb of Maadi.
(Writing by Tom Perry/Yasmine Saleh; Editing by Alistair Lyon)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter
- U.S. diplomats, but not prosecutors, seek to quell India dispute |