U.S. economy can handle a QE3 reduction -Fed's Fisher
ORLANDO, Fla. Aug 22 (Reuters) - A top Federal Reserve official said on Thursday the U.S. economy can withstand a reduction in the central bank's stimulative asset-purchase program.
"Personally I think the economy is strong enough to begin the process," Dallas Fed President Richard Fisher, one of 19 policymakers at the central bank, said of the $85-billion monthly quantitative easing program, or QE3.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner