Verizon reaches new TV carriage agreement with CBS
Aug 22 (Reuters) - Verizon Communications Inc reached an expanded agreement to carry CBS Corp television programming while cable rival Time Warner Cable Inc's blackout of CBS content continues.
Verizon on Thursday said it agreed to continued retransmission of CBS stations and wider distribution of CBS Sports network on its FiOS TV service in multiple markets around the country.
Verizon has said that it has signed on Time Warner customers frustrated by the CBS blackout, which started Aug. 2 after the companies failed to agree on distribution terms.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image