BATS in merger talks with Direct Edge-WSJ
Aug 23 (Reuters) - Stock exchange operator BATS Global Markets Inc is in advanced talks to merge with rival Direct Edge, the Wall Street Journal reported on Friday, citing sources familiar with the matter.
The report said the deal, which could be announced within days, would create the second-biggest U.S. stock market operator behind the NYSE Euronext in terms of shares traded. ()
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes