CANADA STOCKS-TSX opens higher as data drives sentiment
TORONTO, Aug 23 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index opened higher on Friday after positive economic data lifted hopes for a stable global recovery and fueled gains in every major sector. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 43.54 points, or 0.34 percent, at 12,717.89 shortly after the open.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans
- U.S. diplomats, but not prosecutors, seek to quell India dispute |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter