ABN AMRO to be sold as a whole - Dutch PM
THE HAGUE Aug 23 (Reuters) - State-owned Dutch lender ABN AMRO will be readied for listing and sold as a whole, Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte told a press conference on Friday.
"We will get as good a price as possible. The chance of selling with a profit is small. We will decide in a year if it is time, and in the meantime we will ask ABN AMRO to get ready for a listing," Rutte said.
"The plan is to sell ABN AMRO as a whole."
(Reporting by Anthony Deutsch; Editing by Sara Webb and David Goodman)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- Microsoft leads disruption of largest infected global PC network