U.N. official arrives in Syria to push for chemical experts' access
DAMASCUS (Reuters) - U.N. High Representative for Disarmament Affairs Angela Kane arrived in Syria on Saturday to push for access to a suspected chemical weapons attack site for U.N. inspectors, who are already in Syria to investigate previous accusations.
Kane arrived at the Four Seasons hotel in Damascus at midday(0900 GMT), a Reuters reporter at the scene said.
(Reporting by Marwan Makdissi; Editing by Alison Williams)
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Billy Joel, Shirley MacLaine feted at Kennedy Center Honors
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
Nelson Mandela: 1918 - 2013
Reuters looks at the life and times of Nelson Mandela, an icon of peace and reconciliation who came to embody the struggle for justice around the world. Video