U.N. official arrives in Syria to push for chemical experts' access
DAMASCUS (Reuters) - U.N. High Representative for Disarmament Affairs Angela Kane arrived in Syria on Saturday to push for access to a suspected chemical weapons attack site for U.N. inspectors, who are already in Syria to investigate previous accusations.
Kane arrived at the Four Seasons hotel in Damascus at midday(0900 GMT), a Reuters reporter at the scene said.
(Reporting by Marwan Makdissi; Editing by Alison Williams)
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- Front companies, embassies mask North Korean weapons trade - U.N
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions