U.N. official arrives in Syria to push for chemical experts' access
DAMASCUS (Reuters) - U.N. High Representative for Disarmament Affairs Angela Kane arrived in Syria on Saturday to push for access to a suspected chemical weapons attack site for U.N. inspectors, who are already in Syria to investigate previous accusations.
Kane arrived at the Four Seasons hotel in Damascus at midday(0900 GMT), a Reuters reporter at the scene said.
(Reporting by Marwan Makdissi; Editing by Alison Williams)
- Washington wins diplomatic support for campaign in Iraq; Syria trickier |
- Apple iPhone 6 pre-orders hit record 4 million on first day |
- Western sanctions are testing Russia's strength: Medvedev |
- Alibaba worried about Facebook IPO as considered Nasdaq versus NYSE |
- Exclusive: Two Apple medical trials shed light on how HealthKit will work